Saturday, November 15, 2008

11/15/08




Hello Everyone,

Well it has been a busy year to say the least. And I appreciate you all being so patient with this newsletter. But I knew I needed to get started before everything I wrote about was old news!

I graduated from Iowa State University this summer and Bubba and I decided to move back to Greenfield from Ames. We still own our house there so if anyone is interested please contact us. It’s a really nice two-bedroom house located close to campus! (click link below to check it out) http://ames.hunzikerrealty.com/properties/dspProperty.cfm?propertyID=202812
After graduation Bubba and I started brainstorming the possibility of opening a studio together. (something for his artwork and for me to take portraits and continue writing) During my last semester at Iowa State I had a not so dependable class mate, so Bubba really helped me out a lot. It was a blessing in disguise because we realized how well we worked together and Sorensen Studios was born!

It was amazing how fast the word got around town. Before we even had a location we started booking clients. We did a wedding and several family pictures and operated the business out of our home.

But that’s not all we did this summer. We also juggled a trip to New York after the Sergeant’s Benevolent Association of the NYPD asked Bubba to judge a children’s art show (middle picture) for them in New York City! Bubba designed their membership cards (last picture) earlier this year and they wanted to bring him to New York to judge the art show and express their appreciation.

And that they did! We got to stay in an apartment in lower Manhattan for a week. They took us to one of the last Yankee games (top picture) at Yankee Stadium before it was torn down. We also got to see a Broadway play, Empire State Building and so much more. It was truly an am amazing time and we were very thankful for the opportunity.

1 comment:

Donna T said...

I love it. i wait every year. I think it is wonderful that you paint this tribute to our Heroes. God Bless Our Warriors, And God Bless you for what you do.
Donna T